There’s no doubt accidents happen in the workplace more often than you think.
And when it comes to accidents involving eye contamination, a quick response is critical.
If you’re working with chemicals, a reliable eyewash station is a must.
In this article you’ll find my recommended list of eye stations, and also some advice on what to in case of an emergency.
Best Eyewash Station
- Double aerated spray taps
- Automatic flow control
- Hands-free operation
- Comes with protective flip-up dust covers on the taps
- Safety kit included
- ANSI/ISEA Z358.1 compliant
- Straightforward installation and maintenance
This conventional eyewash station provides access to the most advanced performance level of eye safety when it matters the most.
The unit is wall-mountable and features an eye washing kit with dual spray functionality and a push handle operation that is perfect for hands-free use.
If toxic chemicals get into an employee’s eyes, that person must use this station for at least 15 minutes to avoid long-term damage.
This Speakman Emergency Eyewash Station is perfect for the workplace because it is remarkably intuitive and comfortable to use even in extremely fast-paced situations.
What customers are saying
Customers gave the Speakerman wall-mounted eyewash station great reviews.
They say they are very happy with the station’s heavy-duty design, its easy installation, and how well it works.
Best Portable Eyewash Station
- PH-balanced eye solution with a 0.4 GPM flow rate
- ANSI compliant
- Quick and straightforward operation with a pull-down handle
- Unique nozzle design
- Uses an RFID-enabled 3.5-gallon cartridge
- No plumbing necessary
- 15 minutes of continuous spray
We love the Honeywell Fendall Eyewash Station because it does not require plumbing, offers 15-minutes of continuous rinsing, and is portable enough to move around.
The saline solution eyewash is effective in getting rid of the fungus, toxins, harmful bacteria, and any other pollutants that may have gotten in your eyes.
The unit has a 3.5-gallon cartridge that lasts up to 2-years. It is also RFID-enabled, making quality control, inspections, and maintenance so much easier.
Activating it is simple thanks to its pull-down handle and its unique nozzle design ensures just the right amount of saline solution is administered in both eyes.
What customers are saying
This Honeywell Pure Flow 100 Eyewash Station received excellent reviews.
Customers were most satisfied with the 2-year life expectancy of the cartridge as well as the quick and straightforward installation of the unit.
Eyewash & Shower Station
- Durable materials
- Extra-large showerhead
- Portable shower handle
- Stainless steel bowl
- Double taps for rinsing both eyes
- Resistant to oils, salts, alkalis, acids, and other chemicals
- Ball valves to control the spray
- Reliable sealing
- Quick opening/closing feature
- Rinsing nozzle is 50% more effective than standard nozzles
- ANSI Z358. 1-2014 compliant
The CGOLDENWALL Station doubles as a shower and an eyewash station. It’s resistant to oil, alkali, acid, and other chemicals plus comes with a portable shower head and handle.
The unit also features special rinsing nozzles that create a foam-like spray to gently rinse the eyes. These nozzles are 50% more effective than standard eyewash nozzles.
With this station, you’ll be able to protect both your body and eyes from contamination.
The unit is ideal for use at nuclear energy plants, machinery manufacturers, casting companies, medical institutions, and more.
What customers are saying
This unit received excellent reviews. Most customers say that it does exactly what it’s supposed to and the installation was quick and easy.
Best Quality Eyewash Station
- Stainless steel eyewash station
- Dual head operation
- ADA certified
- ANSI Z358. 1-2009 compliant
- Flag push aluminum handle for activation
- Chrome-plated brass fittings and pipes
The Guardian Equipment G1814 Eyewash Station is perfect for the workplace and is manufactured with high-quality materials.
You can use the flag push aluminum handle to activate the unit, which features a dual head to rinse and wash both eyes simultaneously.
This unit is ADA certified and is ANSI Z358. 1-2009 compliant, providing peace of mind and assurance that your employees are well protected in case of contamination.
This G1814 is our top choice for the best quality eyewash station and has received 100% positive feedback.
Best Sink Attachment
- Can be used with your existing basin as an attachment
- Turns on or off within 2 seconds
- Activated with a simple flip of a lever in case of emergency
- Simple installation
- Water direction and flow can be adjusted with eye nozzle swivels
- Suitable to use with most taps
- Regular sink and tap not included
The Skywin Eyewash Kit is super convenient and can be used on most faucets.
You will still be able to use your sink as normal and easily switch to the eye washing station by simply flipping a lever.
The unit can be switched on or off within 2 seconds and offers an ongoing flow of water for rinsing and removing foreign materials and toxins from your eyes.
You will get a tap mountable station, a sign that says eyewash station, 2 inspection tags, and 3 regular fitting adapters included in the package.
What customers are saying
This unit received great reviews with the majority of customers commenting on its easy installation and operation.
Other Recommended Stations
The Speakman Combination Emergency Eyewash Station features a durable powder-coated finish that is corrosion resilient. It also has a shower head and self-draining functionality.
This is a complete multi-functional unit with both shower and eyewash capabilities. It is also easy to identify with its bright yellow ABS plastic showerhead and green signboard.
Both the eyewash station and shower have been manufactured to work together as well as independently making it an ideal choice for work sites.
The unit comes with dust covers to protect the spray heads against debris, contamination, and dirt, and you will have access to uninterrupted water flow for 15 minutes.
Radians have been operating in the safety equipment industry for over 20 years and have an impressive selection of safety gear to protect workers in the field.
The VisionAid eyewash station is wall-mountable and can provide 15 minutes of continuous flow with a basic one-step activation process.
The unit comes with a mounting bracket, test log card, compact water preservative, drain hose, and ANSI Z358. 1 compliance.
It also has a distinct bright green color for easy identification.
The Guardian AquaGuard Portable Eyewash unit has a 16-gallon capacity. It is wall-mountable and comes with a mounting bracket included.
The unit is straightforward to install with no plumbing necessary and dispenses for 15 minutes uninterrupted. It is also ANSI Z358. 1-2004 compliant.
The BestEquip Emergency Eyewash Station is pedestal-mounted and manufactured with sturdy and durable 304 stainless steel. It features dual aerated heads and is multi-functional.
The unit can be used to rinse your face, eyes, and body, minimizing harm or damage in the event of hazardous chemical exposure.
Installing it is easy and operating it is simple without having to use your hands. Another handy feature is its easily identifiable shimmery hand-push board.
All you’ll have to do is push the board clockwise to activate the station.
This unit is incredibly versatile and can be used in chemical, electrical, and petrochemical plants, as well as many other industries.
Guardian has been a forerunner in the industry when it comes to emergency shower and eyewash equipment.
They are constantly growing their product line to stay ahead of the competition.
This steel eyewash station, in particular, is extremely impressive with its durable G1805LH steel construction.
Its features include an autoflow function, 90-degree swivel, deck mounting, and left-hand mounting capability. All in all, a good option to consider.
The Haws Gravity Eyewash Station is another great option. The unit has a 9-gallon capacity and is portable, enabling you to take it with you wherever you go.
It features an FDA-certified high-density polyethylene storage tank, which is activated when you pull the yellow arm downwards toward the open position.
The unit must be wall mounted for easy inspection, refilling, and cleaning. This eyewash station is also ANSI Z358. 1 compliant.
The Speakman Deck Mounted Drench Hose offers incredible flexibility in labs as well as other industries. Employees can easily rinse their bodies and eyes after chemical exposure.
Each unit has a flexible hose included, making it a comfortable choice to use on-site when direct flushing is required on areas that have been exposed to hazardous chemicals.
This unit is deck mounted and features dual aerated spray heads and a 6” hose. The open valve allows for hands-free use when the unit is activated.
This eyewash drench hose is ANSI/ISEA Z358.1 compliant.
Where To Install
Certain guidelines must be adhered to when installing emergency eyewash and shower stations on site:
- The station must be accessible within 10 seconds of exposure
- The station must be installed on the level the hazard exists
- The path to the station must be clear from obstructions
- If you have a shut-off valve installed in your supply line to accommodate maintenance, provisions must be made for preventing unauthorized switch off.
- The area where the station is located must be well illuminated and easy to identify with an extremely visible sign.
Important eyewash station specifications and features:
- The eyewash station must provide a controlled low-velocity water flow that flushes both eyes without being injurious to the person using it.
- The water flow must be high enough for the person to keep their eyes open while flushing the toxins out.
- The spray heads must have covers to protect them against dust and airborne pollutants.
- The water flow should push the covers open when in use and shut when the water flow stops.
- Plumbed eyewash stations must provide a minimum of 0.4 gallons of water a minute for 15 minutes at a pressure of 30 lbs per square inch.
- Self-contained units must provide at least 0.4 gallons of water flow for 15 minutes.
- The water flow pattern must be placed between 33 and 53 inches away from the area the person is standing and a minimum of 6” away from the closest obstruction or wall.
- The valve actuator must be easy to access and available to the user.
- The unit must flush both eyes at the same time and cover the space as indicated on the test, not exceeding 8” above the spray heads.
Eyewash stations play an incredibly important role on sites where workers are at risk of being exposed to pollutants or hazardous materials.
Once a worker has been exposed, it is critical to flush their eyes within seconds to minimize the effects of exposure and to prevent irreparable damage to the eyes.
We hope you have found our article helpful and will take our top considerations for the best eyewash stations on board the next time you need to buy one for your workplace.