If you’re at work sitting for long hours, you already know the value of a quality Executive Office Chair.
So what should you be looking out for?
We’ll go through some key things like comfort, adjustability, lumbar support, and more.
We also list our favorite chairs available on the market- based on our ergonomic criteria.
Here are favorite options.
Favorite Executive Office Chair
- The Vanbow is designed ergonomically with a high back for lumbar support
- Easy-to-use pneumatic controls allow the user to lift, lower, and tilt the chair
- It’s made out of high-quality bonded leather
The Vanbow High Black Leather Office Chair is our first pick thanks to its gorgeous design, comfortable double padding cushions, and soft, high-quality black leather.
The chair is also incredibly sturdy thanks to its durable construction that has a weight capacity of 250 pounds.
The design is very ergonomic too – it offers both neck and lumbar support, as well as an ideal armrest design.
The chair is capable of a 360-degree rotation, a 90 to 100-degree tilt, all of which is controlled with easy-to-use pneumatic controls.
What are customers saying?
There are a few customers that seem frustrated with the assembly process. They are mostly in the minority, however, and everyone else sounds very satisfied with the Vanbow leather chair.
- Very comfortable and soft leather.
- The armrests are sturdy and can be flipped up.
- The tilt locking mechanism can switch between 90 and 110-degree angles.
- For some odd reason, the holes don’t always match during the assembly.
Second Best Executive Chair
- The Smugdesk has a high back design for a maximum lumbar support
- The chair features an advanced mechanism for adjusting the height, tilt, and position
- The manufacturer offers a free replacement or money back guarantee warranty policy
Another great option, the Smugdesk Executive Office Ergonomic Chair has a lot to offer. Its rather unique design offers both a high back for great neck support, as well as a prominent waist section for lumbar support.
It’s covered with a high-quality soft leather over a double-padded seat cushion.
The combination of the two offers maximum comfort at any temperature and for any duration, without compromising the ergonomic design of the chair.
What are customers saying?
While the PU wheels are one of the upsides of the chair for how harmless they are to hardwood floors, they are also a drawback in terms of durability. Some customers are a bit disappointed by that but most don’t have any complaints in that – or any other – regard.
- Very comfortable and soft leather.
- High back and neck support together with great lumbar support.
- The seat is equipped with a thickened non-slip comfort pad that alleviates the pressure from your thighs.
- The PU wheels are the least durable part of the chair’s construction.
- This Ergousit chair has padded and curved armrests for great comfort
- It’s covered with a stitched, soft, and wear-resistant PU leather
- The chair has a maximum weight capacity of 300 pounds
For a good, old-fashioned office chair, the Ergousit Luxurious Executive Office Chair is a classic.
Its design may not offer an adjustable tilt, adjustable armrests or an adjustable headrest, but has the quality you’d want from your future chair.
Its construction is very durable with a maximum weight capacity of 300 pounds, the soft seat cushion padding is comfortable to sit in and relieves the pressure off your thighs and hips.
Most of all, however, the high-quality leather is very soft, wear-resistant, and elastic, meaning that it’ll likely be just as long-lasting as the chair itself.
What are customers saying?
Customers who are looking for a lot of adjustable functions tend not to fancy this chair as it’s only adjustable feature is its height.
Those who are simply looking for a high-quality chair with a great and ergonomic design, however, usually find this Ergousit product to be a great option.
- The PU leather cover is of excellent quality – it’s soft, sweat-absorbent, durable, and elastic.
- The soft seat exerts less pressure on the thighs and hips of the user.
- The practical and ergonomic design promotes excellent sitting posture and great lumbar support.
- The armrests are well-padded and very sturdy, but they are stationary so the chair isn’t suitable for all types of desks.
Other Excellent Chairs
- The reclining feature allows it to tilt to 155-degrees
- The chair is made with an elegant and soft PU leather
- The chair has a maximum weight capacity of 250 pounds
For another great option with a classical design, the Duramont recliner is also made with soft padding and a high-quality PU leather.
It can sustain up to 250 pounds of weight even at a maximum tilt (155-degrees), and is sturdy enough to last for a long time.
- This tall chair comes with built-in lumbar support and an adjustable headrest
- The Hercules is furnished with gorgeous brown leather
- The chair has a maximum weight capacity of 500 pounds
Whether you’re more of a heavy-weight person or you just want a truly massive and imposing office chair – the Flash Furniture Hercules is for you.
Sturdy, durable, and comfortable, it’s made with comfortable brown leather, soft padded cushions, and high-quality base.
It also offers great lumbar support and has an adjustable headrest.
- The La-Z Boy’s flexible air lumbar technology offers a lumbar area that responds to your movements
- The ComfortCore Plus design with memory foam provides a very comfortable experience
- The top layer is made out of poly-fiber for even more plushness
With this Hyland chair, La-Z Boy provides a high-quality memory foam option.
If you’re looking for a stylish office chair made with soft leather and memory foam cushioning underneath it, the Hyland is one to check out.
- The armrests are made out of a classic bentwood with a rich espresso finish
- The lumbar support is guaranteed thanks to the adjustable lumbar mechanism in the backrest of the chair
- The chair has a maximum weight capacity of 350 pounds
If your office needs a chair with a classic wooden design, the Serta Bonded leather chair provides just that.
The armrests and the base of the chair are made out of a durable and gorgeous bentwood with an espresso finish. Everything else is covered with quality brown leather and nice, soft padding.
Features to Think About
So, which one of all these great office chairs is the right one for you? That all depends on the many different features and specifics they all have.
Let’s go over the main factors together and see what you’ll need to think about:
- Lumbar support. If you have lower back problems, getting a chair with good lumbar support is a must. Even if you haven’t developed such problems yet if your job requires a lot of sitting, having good lumbar support can prevent lower back problems from ever occurring in the future.
- Seat height & width. People come in lots of different shapes and sizes and so do office chairs. If your next office chair is even a little too big or too small for your body, you’ll either have a bad posture in it or, even worse, you’ll be very uncomfortable.
- Armrests. This is an often overlooked feature, but good armrests are a must as they offer good support and rest to your shoulders and elbows.
- Backrests. Possibly the most important feature of an office chair, the design of the backrest will determine how well you feel in the chair.
- Seat materials. Two chairs can both claim to be made with “high-quality leather and great seat padding” but be drastically different nevertheless. It’s important for the leather to be smooth and soft, and not cause sweating. It’s just as important for the padding to be soft and comfortable but not so much so that it compromises your posture.
Other Chairs To Consider
Of course, leather office chairs are not the only ones you should look at if posture quality is your main concern. Here are some other great suggestions:
- Kneeling Chairs. An unorthodox design, kneeling chairs have no back support and instead force you to keep a good and healthy posture in a modified kneeling position. Once you get used to them they are actually quite comfortable even if they don’t look like it at first.
- Recliner Chairs. It’s very important for a recliner to have a good design as it can otherwise be unhealthy for your back problems. A great recliner is one of the best things you can give your lower and upper back, however.
- Balance Ball Chairs. Possibly even more unorthodox than kneeling chairs, balance balls are what they sound like – balls. As simplistic as that is, however, they do wonders for your back as they prevent slouching and stimulate back strength.
A good office chair is the best addition most people can make to their workplace if they are spending a lot of time sitting on a desk.
The chair needs to be carefully chosen, however, so that it fits your height, needs, and preferences.
Hopefully, the selection we’ve suggested above has what you’ve been looking for.