If you’re a medical professional, artist, or office worker, choosing an Ergonomic Saddle Chair requires some careful consideration.
The stool or chair needs to be practical for work, comfortable/ ergonomic, highly adjustable, and can be easily manoeuvred.
More importantly, it should encourage active sitting.
So if you’re concerned with the dangers of prolonged sitting, this type of chair is definitely worth considering.
To save you some research time, here are some of my favorite saddle chairs on the market.
Our Favorite Saddle Chair
- The FRNIAMC adjustable saddle chair sits on a high-quality, sturdy aluminum base and legs.
- The seat itself has an adjustable height of 20” to 29.5”, making it a great choice for tall people.
- FRNIAMC are known for their helpful and friendly 24/7 customer support.
“High Quality Multi-Purpose Saddle Chair”
Used by hair stylists, tattoo artists, dog groomers, the FRNIAMC adjustable saddle chair is our favorite all round choice.
Its height can be set to up to 29.5” which is notably higher than most other saddle chairs, making it one of the best choices for tall people.
Focus on comfort
The seat and the backrest are both comfortably padded and covered with high-quality leather that’s great in both cold and hot weather.
All that is placed on top of a sturdy aluminum base and legs that can withstand up to 350 pounds of weight.
The heavy-duty nylon wheels too are of great quality and can effortlessly and quietly move the chair on most indoor surfaces.
What customers are saying?
While this saddle chair is more comfortable than others, some customers still find it hard getting used to the seat.
In saying that, those who gave the chair some time to get used to it, all seem to be very happy with it.
- The seat’s height is adjustable to anywhere between 20” and 29.5”, great for tall people.
- The 5 heavy-duty nylon casters are sturdy and noiseless enough even at maximum weight pressure.
- The padded seat is covered with quality leather for maximum comfort.
- While the seat can be set high enough for taller people, it’s not big enough for wider folks.
Best Active Sitting Saddle Stool
- The seat can be adjusted in its height to anywhere between 22” and 32.25”.
- The seat also swivels and has a very comfortable cushion with rounded edges for maximum comfort.
- The sturdy but versatile base of this chair follows the movements of your body in every direction.
“Great Option For Both Sitting & Standing”
This high quality Norwegian ergonomic stool will get you sitting correctly while engaging your core.
In fact, the Mayo Clinic have tested it- reporting that you will burn 18% more calories while using this stool.
Created in the design of the original tilting saddle stool of Per Oie from 1985, this stool is made to follow every movement of your body.
The seat swivels and the base can tilt for quite a bit, offering great flexibility.
This chair is also a great option to be used as a standing desk stool.
It is also soft and comfortable to sit in, plus it’s specifically designed with smooth and rounded edges to further enable your movement with the chair.
What customers are saying?
There doesn’t seem to be any customers dissatisfied with this Varier chair other than the few that simply aren’t used to saddle stools.
We’ve reviewed some other Varier products and we’re not surprised that the consensus is overwhelmingly positive.
- The versatile construction of this stool moves in all directions together with your body.
- The materials and Norwegian design of this saddle stool make it exceptionally durable and long-lasting.
- The seat offers impressive comfort. Its rounded edges are designed to give your body maximum freedom to move around.
- This saddle stool lacks a backrest as well as wheels for mobility.
Best Dental Saddle Chair
- The seat of this chair is made out of CFC-free molded foam for a great memory foam effect.
- The height of this saddle chair can be adjusted to anywhere between 21” and 27”.
- The saddle seat is made with an ergonomic design for your back and spine health.
“Preferred Among Dental Hygenists”
The Dr Lomilomi hydraulic massage stool wins top honors in our dental category.
Its height can only be adjusted up to 27” and the wheels are made of rubber but everything else in it exactly how you want it.
For the price you cannot go wrong- the seat is incredibly comfortable and gives your back ergonomic support
It’s filled with a CF-free molded foam and it’s covered with a nice PU leather.
The base and the frame of the chair is very sturdy and made out of high-quality materials, giving the chair a weight capacity of 350 pounds.
What customers are saying?
The plastic wheels of this chair appear to be the only thing customers dislike about it. They are sturdy enough but they are not suitable for every surface.
Aside from that, the vast majority of the customers are more than satisfied by the feel and the performance of the stool.
- The seat is very well designed and offers great back and spine support even for prolonged sitting sessions.
- The base and the seat plate of the chair are very powerful and sturdy, guaranteeing a long and effective life for this chair.
- The foam in the seat is a CFC-free molded foam and is covered with a coated PU vinyl.
- The wheels aren’t really up to standard compared to other saddle stools in the same class.
Best Split Saddle Stool
- Designed to relieve the stress on your pressure points for extra comfort.
- The chair is available in three different sizes ranging from 26” maximum height, through 30” maximum height, all the way to 37” maximum height for the tallest size.
- The upholstery of this chair is made out of genuine top-grain leather that’s both quite durable and comfortable.
If you’re looking for a high quality split seat chair, look no further than Kanewell’s twin saddle stool.
It has a superior ergonomic design, which will keep you comfortable in whatever task.
The split also helps for a great airflow under and around the seat, making it ideal for hot summer days.
And while the padding is minimal due to the split nature of the seat, the leather upholstery is of excellent quality.
What customers are saying?
Most people are quite satisfied with this chair, especially for the budget-friendly price for which it’s sold.
Those that aren’t used to split saddles can find the seat to lack padding but that’s normal for this type of chair.
- The leather upholstery of this chair is top-grain and is extremely comfortable and durable.
- The chair can come in several sizes, the largest one of which can be adjusted to up to 37” of height.
- The split saddle on this chair is excellent for reducing the stress on your pressure points and relieving any back pain you may have experienced from other chairs.
- As a split saddle chair, the cushion can be a bit lacking for some people.
Features to Look For
If you’ve never used a saddle stool before, there are several things you’ll need to consider:
- This is a key feature of any saddle stool – the seat needs to be as anatomically fitting to your body as possible as this is what gives saddle chairs their effectiveness.
- Seat firmness. We all love soft seats but for a chair’s seat to be ergonomically and beneficial it needs to strike the right balance between firm and soft.
- Chair width. Your future saddle chair needs to be wide enough to comfortably support your posture. If you have a wider built then don’t forget to look for a wider chair seat.
- Most saddle chairs can be adjusted to up to 28” or 29” of height. If you are taller than average then you’ll need to look for a chair that can be set to more than 30” of height as otherwise, it will strain your legs.
- This is a key feature to saddle chairs and is why they are beloved by people of so many different professions. Saddle chairs with a good tilt allow for a lot of movement while sitting.
- Leg position. Even if a saddle chair is tall enough to fit taller people it can still have a design that’s uncomfortable for your legs – always pay attention to that as well.
Other Recommended Stools
- The saddle seat of Jobri BetterPosture’s chair has an innovative “waterfall effect” design.
- The base and legs of this chair have a durable steel construction.
- The height of the seat can be adjusted to anywhere between 21” ad 28”.
Jobri BetterPosture’s saddle chair shines with its ergonomic “waterfall effect” seat design. The base and legs of the chair are exceptionally durable even though that’s slightly undermined by the lackluster wheels.
- The seat of this Master Massage saddle stool is 2.5” wide and is padded with an exclusive small cell foam for extra comfort.
- The height of this chair can be adjusted between 20.5” and 27.5”.
- The maximum weight capacity of Master Massage’s saddle stool is 550 pounds.
For a heavyweight option, Master Massage’s saddle stool can withstand up to 550 pounds of weight while still providing excellent comfort with its padded seat.
It’s also very versatile thanks to its swivel mechanism and adjustable seat height.
- The base and frame of this chair are made out of durable and sturdy steel materials.
- The seat easily rotates in 360 degrees and can be adjusted between 20” and 27.9” of height.
- The cushion of this stool is made out of soft and comfortable foam, as well as thick PVC leather.
Grace & Grace bring us another great option with their versatile and durable saddle stool. The metal base and frame make it very sturdy while the comfortable seat is a pleasure to use even for prolonged sitting sessions.
- The height of the Antlu ergonomic saddle chair can be adjusted between 21.6” and 29.5”.
- The wheels, as well as the base and frame of this chair, are made out of very high-quality and durable materials.
- The seat easily swivels and allows for a lot of versatility.
Last but not least, here’s Antlu’s ergonomic saddle chair. It has a soft and firm seat that’s covered with high-quality leather.
It can also swivel in every direction and have its height adjusted to a maximum of 29.5”.
Saddle chairs may not be everyone’s cup of tea but they do offer a lot of benefits to people with sitting professions.
Hopefully, this quick list and guide have helped you find a good option for your home or office.