Having some downtime during the work day is such an amazing productivity tool.
Studies show that these short breaks will make you more energized, creative, and focused.
So if you’re at the office for long hours, buy yourself a great reclining office chair- ideally with a footrest.
Here are some of my favorite reclining chairs on the market- based on ergonomics, quality, value for money, and customer feedback.
Favorite Reclining Office Chair
- The elegant and soft PU leather is comfortable in most conditions
- This reclining office chair’s base is made out of a heavy duty nylon base with durable nylon casters
- The chair also has a flexible reclining angle of 90 to 155-degrees and a secure locking system
Our main pick for a reclining office chair is this Duramont model with an adjustable seat height, footrest, and lumbar support.
The lumbar support, in particular, is quite good thanks to the chair’s high back design. The waterfall seat edge also relieves the pressure on the hips very nicely.
The rest of the chair is of top quality as well. The heavy duty nylon base and casters are incredibly sturdy while the high-quality PU leather is very stylish and comfortable.
The headrest is comfortable for most average heights as are the armrests. The chair reclines between 90 and 155-degrees and has a secure locking mechanism.
What’s more, it also comes with a 100% 90-day money-back guarantee.
What are customers saying?
As the assembled dimensions of the chair aren’t listed, there are some customers that have been taken aback by its small size.
At the same time, however, after prolonged use everyone seems to agree that the Duramont reclining chair is both very durable and quite comfortable.
- This Duramont reclining chair is quite durable thanks to its construction and materials.
- The chair is made out of high quality PU leather that offers a great deal of comfort.
- The compact design fits well in any office space while still offering a great experience both as an office chair and a recliner.
- The maximum weight capacity is 250lbs which is noticeably less than that of other larger reclining office chairs.
Second Favorite Recliner Chair
- The chair can securely recline at anywhere between 90 and 175-degrees
- The comfortable waterfall seat edge lowers the pressure on the user’s legs
- The seat has a high back design that offers great lumbar support
For an alternative of the Duramont office recliner, check out this Vanbow memory foam office chair.
It has a great angle of reclining of up to 175-degrees as well as a nice and secure locking mechanism.
All that is supported by a very sturdy construction and heavy duty nylon base and casters.
Additionally, the chair’s seat is made out of memory foam which can be great if that’s what you’re looking for. The PU leather above the foam is soft and comfortable too.
What are customers saying?
Quite a few customers seem to have been taken by surprise by the complicated assembly of this chair. Once it’s put together, however, it impresses everyone with its quality and durability.
- This office recliner has a great maximum angle of up to 175-degrees where most others go only up to 155-degrees.
- The high back seat design offers great lumbar support.
- The soft and comfortable PU leather is of excellent quality as are the sturdy base and rollers.
- The assembly is very challenging and requires to people and quite some time. Also, the assembly instructions are not detailed enough.
Best Gaming Chair Recliner
- The KILLABEE is built on a powerful metal frame and base, as well as on smooth casters for great stability
- The seat cushions also have a memory foam padding for extra comfort
- The Big and Tall KILLABEE chair also comes with an implant USB electric massager on the lumbar cushion
For your gaming needs, KILLABEE offers a great massage gaming chair with a 350lbs capacity. It also comes with a lot of extra features, however – it has a memory foam padding on top of its seat cushion, for example.
It’s also covered with a nice and soft leather. The high back seat has a very good lumbar support and a comfortable headrest.
What’s possibly the most curious addition to the KILLABEE chair is the massage electric implant to the back seat.
What are customers saying?
Customers who aren’t used to chairs with an emphasized lumbar support may find this chair uncomfortable.
Those that value lumbar support, however, especially when gaming for long sessions at a time, tend to appreciate this chair.
- The USB massager implant is a great addition to a gaming chair.
- The great ergonomic design is great for its lumbar support, comfortable headrest, and practical armrests.
- This gaming chair is supported by a strong metal frame and base, and is
- The seat is a bit hard even with the memory foam, which can be uncomfortable on a gaming chair.
Benefits of Reclined Sitting
A good reclining office chair is great because of its versatility – it can be used in multiple positions, allow you to swap from an upright working posture to a nearly horizontal rest position.
In doing so, a good recliner can make sure that:
- Your spine muscles don’t fatigue as easily
- There is less overall pressure on your spine
- Your posture feels more like standing as far as your back is concerned
- You get a chance to rest your legs on the footrest
- Your lumbar area is properly supported at all times
Other Recommended Recliners
- The net mesh cloth of the Sihoo chair is quite strong
- Recommended by the Ergonomics Application Association, this Sihoo chair has a very ergonomic design
- The backrest offers great lumbar support
For a breathable mesh chair, the Sihoo ergonomic office recliner is made by a net mesh that’s both comfortable and very durable.
The design of the chair is also excellent as everything from the headrest and armrests to the seat and backrest promote a very healthy posture.
- TheBionic C arc design headrest is designed to fit the cervical curve of the neck
- The breathable advanced mesh prevents heat and moisture buildup
- There are three angle positions for the recliner – standard 90-degree for sitting, 120-degree for relax, and 150-degree for rest
Another great mesh option, the MDL reclining office chair is excellent if you want to avoid heat or moisture during the summer months.
The mesh is also very well balanced to be both sturdy and comfortable. As for the rest of the chair, it has an ergonomic design and a very durable construction.
- SNGMICS’ seat cushion and backrest are made out of comfortable high-density foam
- The chair is both stable and durable thanks to its high-quality aluminum casters and sturdy base
- This model also has a folding headrest and a soft lumbar support pillow
Instead of having an integrated lumbar support component, the SONGMICS office chair comes with a separate lumbar support pillow.
This gives you the freedom to customize your experience more easily. What’s more, the chair has very comfortable seat cushion and backrest, a foldable headrest, and a very sturdy base.
- This gaming chair has an extra-thick seat cushion for extra long-term comfort
- The comfortable seat is supported by a powerful metal frame and a heavy-duty metal base
- The chair also comes with a lumbar support & massage cushion
For another gaming option, the Healgen Heavy Duty Gaming Chair has a portable lumbar support cushion that’s capable of delivering electric massages.
The chair is very sturdy and durable, ensuring an impressive longevity even with long daily sessions.
- In addition to the lumbar support, the JulyFox Executive Office Chair also comes with an extra removable thick padded cushion
- The wheels of this chair are lockable which offers extra stability
- This JulyFox model has a maximum recline angle of 170-degrees
Great for both offices and gaming, this JulyFox reclining chair has a very powerful base and frame that ensures great durability.
The chair itself is also very comfortable thanks to its thick padding, ergonomic design, lumbar support, and an additional adjustable cushion.
- This chair also comes with a removable and adjustable lumbar support pillow
- The Flash Furniture chair comes with a dual paddle control system
- The chair is finished with an embellished mesh trim
Last but not least, the Flash Furniture reclining swivel chair has a simple but ergonomic design. It’s easy to adjust its lumbar support pillow as well as the exact reclining angle you need with the dual paddle control system.
Reclining office chairs are a great thing to have in an office setting, especially if they have a good footrest. Hopefully, our quick list has given you the suggestion you were looking for.