If you like the posture of sitting cross legged, you’ll need to make sure you have the right type of office chair.
A crossed legged office chair is specifically designed for this type of sitting position.
However, you can also choose a suitable office that is wide and has a good weight capacity.
In this review, I’ll list my favorite chairs on the market and also mention some important things to consider before buying.
Best Crossed Legged Chair
- Comfortable for sitting cross legged, kneeling, or squatting
- Recommended for sitting during meditation and yoga exercises
- Ergonomic design keeps your body active and stimulates movement
- Large footstool designed to take out when you want to use as a normal chair
- Made of durable polyurethane leather and a solid steel base
- Recommended weight limit is 200 lbs
The Pipersong chair provides the best crossed legged sitting experience, with a large number of sitting positions. It has quality materials with an ergonomic feature to keep you active.
The chair includes a seat cushion with adjustable height (19.7 to 23.7”), a comfortable backrest, and a very large footstool that you can take out to use as a regular chair.
Most customer reviews are very positive, with people saying it’s an ergonomic chair that’s easy to assemble, and worth the money spent.
The footstool is very wide and the casters roll smoothly, even on carpet.
- Easy to assemble
- Adjustable height and comfortable
- Very wide footstool allowing a variety of positions
- The backrest angle cannot be adjusted
Second Favorite Chair
- Comes in 2 colors, with breathable padding covered in PU leather
- Adjustable height and 2 configuration levels to allow for various sitting postures
- Swiveling base and smooth casters
- Recommended for meditation, yoga, and office work
- Maximum recommended weight is 350 lbs
This chair is another promising office work companion for those who want to stay cross legged in front of the computer.
One of the reasons it is 2nd on our list is because it doesn’t have a backrest. Still, it features a very comfortable footstool, it has memory foam, and a high weight limit.
Unfortunately, there aren’t enough reviews to raise any conclusions about customer experience. However, it does look like a sturdy and reliable piece that’s worth a try.
- Higher weight limit (350 lbs)
- Available in black and red
- Filled with comfortable memory foam
- Does not have a backrest
Best Cross Legged Stool
- Includes an extended height adjustment with 33” as the highest position
- Comfortable backrest and a 19” width seat
- Includes a chair base to comfortably cross your legs
- Includes a lifetime warranty
- Weight capacity of 250 lbs
If you prefer a regular chair with extra cross legged capacity, take a look at this model.
It features a pneumatic lift with extended height adjustments in case you want to alternate between a sitting and standing desk.
More importantly, you get a chair base that enables you to cross your legs. According to customers, this is a great ergonomic solution that’s supportive and very comfortable.
It is also easy to assemble, and support is one of its top features. Most customers also had a good experience with the footrest and the padding.
- Extended adjustable height
- Comfortable base to place your legs
- Includes a lifetime warranty
- Unlike other HON models, this one does not have a tilt option
Best Kneeling Chair
- Features the basic kneeling chair design in various colors
- Includes floor protection to prevent scratching your hardwood floor
- Made in Europe with high-quality and flexible wood
- Maximum recommended weight is 240 lbs
Another option to keep your legs close to your body when sitting is a kneeling chair.
This type of chair keeps your body in constant stimulation and improves your posture. It has a rocking movement that engages your muscles to keep balance while sitting.
Customer reviews are positive for this chair, especially because it’s easy to assemble.
Comfort is one of its top features, plus it is affordable and still very comfortable compared to other options out there.
- Ergonomic and comfortable
- Keeps your body in a good posture and your muscles engaged
- Easy to assemble
- It is not a common sitting position and you need to learn how to use it
Best Large Executive Chair
- Includes a comfortable lumbar support technology
- Maximum weight of 350 lbs and an inner seat of 22”
- Features a variety of ergonomic adjustments
- Leather upholstery and soft padding in the armrests
Extra seat depth may also work to accommodate your crossed legs, and this executive chair is a great option to consider for that.
The chair is extremely sturdy with 3” extra thick foam padding and smart cushioning layers to make you feel more comfortable.
It reclines up to 122º and you can adjust the height by 3”. Customer reviews are overall positive and most people say that they had a positive experience.
Some of them updated their reviews years after their original note and report having a functioning and comfortable chair. The assembly is a bit difficult but definitely worth it.
- Appropriate for larger individuals
- Very comfortable
- Includes height and recline adjustments
- Difficult to assemble
Other Recommended Chairs
This chair adapts a classic kneeling chair design to the usual upright chair. Its weight limit is 275 lbs, it has height adjustments from 21 to 28”, and it has thick memory foam.
Most reviews are positive, but some people report a bad experience. Comfort is one of the top features according to most happy customers, and it helps you stay upright.
However, there’s a learning curve before you feel comfortable, and it is more expensive than other options out there.
This model looks like a regular chair, but it has additional ergonomic features making it perfect for those who care about their posture.
It has a 3D backrest adjustment that goes beyond the usual by providing depth configurations. It also has a tilt tension and a lock mechanism to control your tilt.
You can adjust the armrests and headrest. This chair doesn’t have many customer reviews, but the ones it has so far are very positive.
Comfort is one of the top features, and people say that it’s an excellent option if you need extra back support.
If you’re looking for ergonomic chairs at an affordable price, take a look at this model.
It has everything you need to feel comfortable while sitting, including comfortable lumbar support, rocking function, armrest adjustments, and a comfortable leather seat.
Customer reviews are very good, and pain relief is one of the top features.
The installation is easy and the recommended weight capacity is 275 lbs, which is fine for most people. The arms are very strong and the chair is quite large.
Not all executive chairs come with an option to take out the arms, and some of us do not want them around. If that’s your case, you can try one of these models.
You can order the same model with or without arms. It is padded with thick foam and has the basic ergonomic adjustments for a fair price.
There are not many customer reviews of this chair, and they are somewhat mixed.
Some users had good experiences and mention they feel comfortable in this spacious and sturdy chair. Others had problems such as not tilting anymore after a few months.
Why Sit Cross Legged?
Crossing your legs relieves tension in your body and helps you stretch your piriformis muscle. By doing so, your pelvis stability will increase.
At the same time, sitting with your legs crossed will reduce abdominal muscle strain.
Is It Dangerous?
When you’re sitting with your legs crossed without a proper chair, you’ll likely lean to one side and lose the straight posture.
Luckily, there are cross legged office chairs where you can sit straight while adopting this posture. Even with a specialized chair, you shouldn’t stay in the same posture for hours.
Doing so may compress the peroneal nerve. You will be safe if you switch positions every once in a while.
Features To Consider
One of the most important features to consider is comfort, it should be comfortable for your knees, legs, and buttocks.
Make sure it has good reviews in this regard, it offers enough space for your body, and it has a thick layer of padding.
Type of chair
As you’ve seen in this article, you can choose between cross legged office chairs, kneeling chairs with a similar function, or regular chairs with extra seat space t.
Choose one type of chair depending on what you prefer.
When you’re sitting in a cross legged chair, standing to change positions can be quite bothersome and time-consuming.
That’s why we recommend buying a chair with a swivel base rotation of 360º.
These chairs will also require adjusting the height to make sure it adapts to your back. Make sure it has a pneumatic cylinder. Measure your own height and compare.
You will find most models with a recommended weight of 250 lbs or less.
This is enough for most people, but if you’re larger and need a heavy-duty chair, look for 300-600 lbs in weight capacity.