If you’re looking for a low impact and relatively easy way to engage your core, a vibration platform machine will be great for you.
You’re probably thinking, do they actually work?
And the answer is yes, but you’ll have to use it regularly for at least a month.
I’ll go through everything you need to know about using a vibration machine- from what results to expect, to how you can get the most out of it.
I will also recommend the best vibration machines on the market that will get you the best results.
Best Vibration Machine
- Besides strengthening the core, it is also thought to improve bone density, relieve chronic pain, and calm down the nervous system.
- Includes hands-on training videos, an ebook, and live support to help people achieve their goals.
- Vibrations are gentle but very effective. Special for rehabilitation purposes and tissue repair.
- Built with three motors and four different modalities depending on the therapeutic goal.
- 100% lifetime guarantee.
This vibration plate machine is especially used as rehabilitation medicine, but it is also very useful if you want to strengthen your core muscles. It delivers a low impact workout that can be done from the comfort of your home.
The LifePro is very intuitive and comes with a video library and a free e-book that enables you to make the best out of your purchase.
There is also a lifetime client support and guarantee included, along with the 30-day return policy by Amazon.
It features a monitor + wearable remote control to change program settings and training modes, it has a non-slip rubber where you place your feet, which stabilizes suction on the bottom and makes your workout safer.
But the most interesting feature of it all is that it oscillates and pulses according to your actual movements to keep your muscles guessing and activating throughout the exercise.
Their customer service is also amazingly responsive and has responded to a user that maximum weight is 330 lbs.
What we like
- It is a versatile machine you can use to strengthen the core muscles and for rehabilitation purposes.
- It is wide enough to perform a full squat and other exercises comfortably.
What we dislike
- It has a concave surface for your feet, which may be disadvantageous for people with pronated feet, weak ankles, or fallen arches.
Second Favorite Platform
- It has a soothing effect on people with arthritis pain, lower back pain, or aching knees.
- It promotes a gentle Whole-Body Vibration that increases blood flow and enhances injury recovery.
- Has improved motors, now with a 3D range of motion.
- Includes built-in live support, training videos and other useful tools to guide you as you learn to use the vibration platform.
The LifePro Turbo 3D is made by the same manufacturer as our favorite vibration machine but has fewer jingles and lights. This machine, though not as advanced as its upgrade, does exactly what it’s made to do.
It provides a low-impact workout you can do from the comfort of home, and also has remote access, this time with 99 adjustable speeds and 8 program settings to adjust your session.
Storage, safety, and features
It is easy to store and has an anti-slip rubber where you place your feet, along with a stabilizer suction on the bottom to make your exercise experience safer still.
This one has three types of movements. It can pulse, oscillate, or do both at the same time.
As mentioned in the previous item, these manufacturers offer a lifetime guarantee and an impressively responsive customer service team, which is probably why it has so many good ratings and excellent user experiences. The maximum weight is 330 lbs.
What we like
- The price is lower than other commercial picks, and it is really effective if you use consistently.
- It has enough room and a wide stance for squats and other exercises.
What we dislike
- The quality of the remote control is not good. It can be difficult to master, and some people may even need to point and slightly bend over to make it respond.
Superior Quality Machine
- It features a powerful vibration platform to promote physical health and fitnes
- It includes a pre-programmed quick start button and a vibration trainer with different intensities and exercise modalities.
- It improves balance, stability, and core strength. And may also improve the metabolism for further weight loss.
- Stable and with handles to make it safer for any age group.
- Includes an Android and iOS app with customized personal training workouts.
The Power Plate My5 vibration platform uses technology that prevents bone loss and muscle loss in zero gravity. It is useful for medical facilities, health clubs, or as a part of your home gym.
Used properly, this technology can reduce pain, increase circulation, and improve strength and balance by working out the core muscles of your body.
When played, it has a frequency of 35 Hz and can be controlled via remote control or with a set timer.
It comes with a support cushion covered by upholstery foam and a perfect curve that fits the base, allowing you to use the platform for massage and recovery, too.
Minimizes noise and very easy to assemble
Also, if you’re worried about the vibration sound you can rest assured the sound is significantly reduced by the power shield in the base, which is designed to reduce residual vibrations and minimize noise.
The maximum user weight of this particular model is 300 lbs, but the same brand has other models with a maximum user weight of up to 500 lbs.
The unit does not only vibrate but also moves to the sides, up and down, and back and forth. This allows to train your core muscles and keep them guessing.
This particular model is not designed to be portable and does not have wheels, but it is very easy to assemble and does not take too much room.
What we like
- Instead of a remote, you can use a control panel that is easy to reach.
- It is very stable and sturdy and comes with a pair of handles, especially for people with balance problems and a fragile health condition.
What we dislike
- It is not portable and does not have wheels to move around in the room.
Best Whole Body Vibration Machine
- Uses the whole-body vibration technology to promote circulation and muscle strength.
- An excellent aid to increasing bone density and combat cellulite.
- It features a control deck and handles for increased safety.
- It has a 50-speed setting and a maximum user weight of 300 lbs.
Great for beginners
This whole-body vibration machine is one of the easiest to use if you’re inexperienced in all physical fitness aspects.
It delivers a low-impact type of training that improves fitness levels and flexibility, but also mobility and balance because it activates the core muscles.
The manufacturers recommend seeking medical advice if you have a pacemaker or suffer from heart conditions.
However, it is designed for rehabilitation, and it has useful support handles you can use to make your exercise safer.
This machine offers 10-minute workouts you can perform twice or three times a week to improve your physical fitness and up to 50 speed settings you can adjust depending on your ability level.
It also has a display console you can navigate before, during, and after the exercise, 3 built-in programs, as well as a heart rate monitor.
It weighs 62 lbs. and you can move it around in your house easier thanks to the pair of wheels it has for transportation.
What we like
- It has a pair of wheels designed to move around the machine in your room without carrying weight.
- It has handles for safety as well as a heart rate monitor in the display settings.
What we dislike
- The manual of instructions is not very helpful, and you will be better finding exercise recommendations elsewhere.
Best For Weight Loss
- Features a 4D motion with 3 motors and allowing for vibration and oscillation movements.
- It has magnetic therapy sensors where your feet are placed, and delivers a type of reflexology massage that stimulates blood flow.
- LED display that shows the intensity of your workout using a color code.
- 3 in-built programs and 7 manual workout combinations for 10-minute workouts.
- It comes with Bluetooth 4.0 speakers and a wearable remote control.
Designed with fitness in mind
The majority of vibration plates are focused on therapeutic and rehabilitation goals, but this one definitely stands out as a fitness item instead of a medical device.
It does improve circulation and bone density, it does strengthen your core and improve balance, but it is most attractive for people trying to lose weight.
This is due to its cutting-edge sound system and the variety of workout models and programs it offers to adapt to its users.
Features and Warranty
You can choose from linear vibration, horizontal vibration, a micro oscillation massage, or a combination of modalities.
It comes with a full lifetime warranty of the motor, and a return policy of 14 days after the delivery date.
It can be a bit pricey compared to other models, but it’s because of the additional functions it has. So, be sure to buy if you mean to use them all.
What we like
- It is one of the few models with a wireless Bluetooth sound system.
- It has a massage option and a vibration mode with different intensities.
What we dislike
- It can be pricey compared to others, which is fine if you plan to use all of its extra features.
How Does It Work?
How it works
Vibration signals are known to increase muscle contraction and strengthen deep body tissues.
In the long term, energy expenditure may also increase, especially when combined with exercises such as squats, step-ups, and press-ups.
How often and long should you use it?
Vibration machines work best when used for up to 30 minutes a day and at least 3 or 4 times a week.
Doing so will give you the full benefits of whole-body vibration technology, and you don’t need to use it for very long periods.
Who shouldn’t use vibration plates?
Some patients should be careful and ask their doctors before using vibration machines, especially patients with a pacemaker or heart disease, diabetes patients, and anyone with a head injury, recent placement of plates, pins, or bolts, and patients with ligament sprains, muscle or tendon strains, and any other orthopedic injury.
How long does it take to see results using a vibration plate?
After using it for a minimum of 10 minutes every day, most people start to see results between week 2 and week 6.
Vibration Plate Benefits
Clinical studies report plenty of benefits after using whole-body vibration. We can name a few:
- Core strength: Vibration plates create an unstable platform that stimulates core muscle activation and strengthening.
- Bone health: Vibration and muscle activation also stimulates bone tissue to become compact and resistant. It is a great aid for patients with osteoporosis.
- Blood circulation: Vibration stimulates blood circulation, and the whole body becomes involved by using these machines.
- Muscle toning: This technology is effectively used in zero gravity to maintain muscle tone and prevent muscle loss.
- Blood sugar regulation: Some studies suggest that after using vibration machines, diabetic patients resulted in better control of their disease.
- Weight loss: It is a great aid to achieve physical fitness and in the long term may also contribute to weight loss.
If you’ve decided to invest in one of the best vibration machines, a few recommendations will help you make the most suitable choice.
When making your decision, always look at size, quality, features, and price.
Consider the available space you have at home and where you can leave the machine when you’re not using it. Also, consider the size of the stance if you want to perform squats and other exercises.
Your machine should be made of quality materials. Read the user comments before buying to make sure it’s a durable item.
You might be amazed by interesting features, but be realistic and choose the ones you will use. Ask yourself why you need a vibration machine and what features should it have to meet your requirements.
Ask yourself if the item fits your budget. If you’re considering a high-price vibration machine, also consider if you’re using the extra features it offers.
Other Recommended Vibration Machines
No assembly required, this vibration plate machine is made to last and has excellent customer service. It works perfectly if you’re on a budget and want a solid-built and functional device.
This vibration plate is very similar to others described above and comes from the same manufacturer of the Rumblex 4D model. It is much more simple but does what it should with up to 99 speed levels.
Another option from LifePro if you like the technology they offer, but this time with handles incorporated and a bright display right in front of you without any bothering remote controls.
A stable, sturdy, and easy to move machine with 16 different exercise programs and 99 speeds. Unlike other models, this one has increased the maximum workout timer from 10 minutes to 35 minutes, features a 4D vibration mode, and comes with resistance bands.