Like most of us gamers, I love to sit down and play for long hours.
And yes I know, prolonged sitting is not doing my health any favors.
A sore neck, back, and joints is just something I learned to live with.
Until I started looking for some solutions.
One solution I came across was alternating from sitting to standing.
There’s actually a lot of positive health benefits with this technique, whether you’re gaming or just working.
Regardless of whether you’re sitting or standing, I’d highly recommend an ergonomic gaming desk.
If you want some recommendations, here are my favorite options on the market.
Favorite Ergonomic Gaming Desk
Arozzi Arena Gaming Desk
- The Arozzi Arena is 5’3” wide and 2’7” deep which is large enough for up to 3 large monitors
- The custom mouse pad the Arena comes with has a water-resistant microfiber cloth surface
- This desk is easy to transport and move around thanks to its easy to disassemble design
Our first choice is the Arozzi Arena Gaming Desk because of its simple yet very practical and ergonomic design. Its curvy front edge makes it very comfortable for your arms and elbows, while the height is easily adjustable up to 31.9”.
The large surface gives you plenty of room to work with and it’s covered with a nice, water-resistant microfiber mousepad cloth.
What are customers saying?
There are some customers who find the desk to be a bit wobbly when it’s not set against a wall or something similar. Those that don’t use it in open spaces, however, seem to have no issues whatsoever and are more than happy with the Arozzi Arena.
- The Arozzi Arena desk is both lightweight and sturdy with a weight capacity of 176 pounds.
- The desk can come in five different and attractive color patterns.
- The smooth surface and curvy design make this desk very comfortable for gaming.
- The desk can be a bit wobbly if it isn’t set against a wall or something similar for support. This doesn’t’ compromise its sturdiness and load-bearing capacity in any way, however.
Second Best Gaming Desk
Eureka Ergonomic Z60 Gaming Desk
- With a surface of 60” width by 24” depth, the Eureka Z60 desk has enough room for 3 large monitors and plenty of accessories
- The Z-shaped legs with an equalizing bar offer excellent stability
- The desk is made with a carbon fiber texture that gives it a great feel
Our next pick is the Eureka Ergonomic Z60 desk. It stands out with the unique design of its powerful legs – the Z shape of the legs offers excellent support and makes the Z60 one of the most stable and sturdy gaming desks on the market.
The Equalizing bar also contributes to the overall balance and feel of the desk. Everything else, from the carbon fiber texture to the RGB LED lighting, only makes this desk even better than it already is.
What are customers saying?
Some customers are understandably annoyed that some of the accessories the Z60 advertised are actually sold separately. However, even without them, the desk is still of very high quality and with a fitting price.
- The Eureka Z60 desk is exceptionally stable thanks to its unique Z-shaped design.
- The heavy-duty base of this desk makes it very sturdy and load-bearing.
- The desk also has a very stylish RGB LED lighting.
- This desk doesn’t have the modern 5-10 degree ergonomic tilt of other gaming desks.
Best Standing Gaming Desk
Flexispot Height Adjustable Gaming Desk
- This height adjustable desk is fully electronic for easy and quick control
- The desk can switch from a minimum height of 24.8” to its maximum height of 49.6” at a rate of 1.5” per second
- The desk’s two steel legs offer excellent stability and a weight capacity of up to 220 pounds
For a good standing option, our suggestion is the Flexispot gaming desk. Its height adjustable mechanism is fully electronic and easy to control through the all-in-one keypad.
A couple of simple clicks quickly transform this desk from a standing to a sitting desk and vice versa. It also comes with a programmable sit/stand alarm.
The rest of the desk is of very high quality too and its steel constriction offers a very stable and sturdy experience.
What are customers saying?
There are those that were taken aback by the sheer weight of the desk which makes it a bit hard to move around. Aside from that, however, almost every customer seems overjoyed by the design and quality of the Flexispot adjustable gaming desk.
- The Flexispot height adjustable gaming desk is fully electronic and easy to control thanks to its all-in-one built-in keypad.
- The desk is very easy to assemble and requires no more than six screws to be fully operational.
- The double-steel wall tubing frame of the desk gives it exceptional stability and sturdiness.
- The Flexispot standing desk is rather heavy so it may be difficult to move around for some people.
Best Cheap Gaming Desk
Mr Ironstone Gaming Desk Gaming Table
- Ironstone’s gaming desk has dimensions of 45.3” width and 29” depth which are enough to comfortably house a couple of large monitors
- The desk’s R-shaped design gives it great stability on any type of surface
- This gaming desk also comes with all the necessary tools and instructions for its quick and easy installation process
For a budget-friendly but high-quality gaming desk option, here’s the Mr. Ironstone’s gaming desk table. It has a slightly smaller surface area than our previous suggestions but it’s still big enough for a couple of big PC monitors.
It’s also very stable on its feet thanks to their R-shaped design. It’s made out of high-quality materials and comes with all the basic gaming desk accessories such as a cord organizer and a headphones hook.
What are customers saying?
There are a noticeable number of customers that report problems with the shipping which, thankfully, is alleviated by Mr. Ironstone’s warranty and good customer service. Aside from such minor setbacks, everyone seems overjoyed by the desk’s quality.
- Great value for your buck!
- The desk is impressively stable even when it isn’t set against a wall.
- It also comes with all the main accessories you’d expect from a gaming desk – a cord organizer, a cup holder, and a headphone hook. `
- Quite a few customers report problems with the shipping – delays and damaged desks. Fortunately, Mr. Ironstone provides a 12-month warranty and has very good customer service.
Features to Look For
Technically, any table can serve as a “desk” for an hour or two a day. However, if you’re planning on spending more time gaming or working on a desk every day then there are quite a few special features you need to look for.
This is important as it will drastically improve your posture and help prevent any spinal related injuries.
Here are some of the main things to consider:
- Size & space. A desk should just be enough for the monitor, keyboard, and mouse of your PC. Always keep in mind that you’ll likely need extra room for your headphones, cups and plates, books, and other random items.
- Material. The material of the desk is vital for several different reasons. First, you want the frame to be of high quality and durable material that can withstand knocks and hits but also last for years and even decades. Secondly, the material of the desk top needs to be both comfortable to your arms and hands, as well as durable as it’ll likely suffer quite a lot of abuse over the years.
- Cable Management. This often overlooked feature offers great comfort by helping you keep all your cables secure and separated from the rest of the desk’s surface.
- Weight capacity. Gaming and office desks aren’t something to sit on but they should still have a sufficient weight capacity to withstand all the things you plan on putting on them as well as the occasional lean on.
- Assembly. This is something that you’ll ideally have to do only once but it’s still great to make sure that the desk isn’t a nightmare to assemble. Especially if you’re renting and you’ll have to assemble and disassemble the desk several times in the coming years you can save yourself a lot of stress by getting a desk that’s easy to put together.
Other Great Options
Seville Classics Airlift S3 Electric Standing Desk
- This desk has a surface area width of 54”
- The Seville Classics standing desk has an electric height adjustment mechanism for an easy height control
- The heavy-duty steel frame is very durable and can last years in top condition
For another great standing electric option, the Seville Classics Airlift S3 model easily switches from a minimum height of 25.6” to a maximum height of 51.4”.
It’s made with very high-quality materials and has a very durable and stable construction.
ApexDesk Electric Height Adjustable Sit to Stand Desk
- This electric height adjustable desk can be set anywhere between 27.5” and 45.5” of height
- The sturdy industrial-grade aluminum base offers excellent stability
- The top surface is 1” thick and has dimensions of 60” by 30”
This electric height adjustable desk by ApexDesk is a great alternative to the others we mentioned above.
It has a simple but effective and ergonomic design, and it’s made out of very high-quality ingredients. The 2-button controller is very easy to use and the desk also has 2 cord organizer holes.
DXRacer Newedge Edition Gaming Desktop
- The double triangle design of this DXRacer gives it great stability
- The desk board is made out of high-quality ABS+ wooden board
- The desk has an ergonomic 10-degree slope
This stylish and ergonomic Newedge Edition gaming desk by DXRacer is very stable and practical.
Its solid design makes sure that the desk is always going to be stable while the ABS+ wooden desk board is very comfortable to use. The desk also has a nice and ergonomic 10-degree slope to help with your posture.
Respawn 1010 Gaming Computer Desk
- This dynamic gaming desk offers a lot of accessories, extra room, and raised surfaces
- The Respawn 1010 model also has 4 separate legs connected with horizontal frames for exceptional stability
- The desk also has the comfortable dimensions of 52.6” length by 24” depth
For something a bit more versatile, the Respawn 1010 gaming desk has multiple raised or additional platforms and accessories.
This is excellent if you want to raise your monitor to help with neck pain, as well as for the additional space for the speakers, headphones, etc.
Jarvis Standing Desk Bamboo Top
- High quality and eco-friendly bamboo desk top
- The height of the Jarvis standing desk is easily adjustable between 23.25” and 49.25”
- The powerful metal frame supports up to 350 pounds of weight with ease
Lastly, here’s Jarvis electric standing desk with a great bamboo desk top. It has a very powerful and stable construction that quickly switches between height levels and can easily support impressive weights of up to 350 pounds.
The height adjustment is easy to operate and the stylish design can fit well for either gaming or office needs.
If you’re spending more than a couple of hours a day on a desk then it is of the utmost importance that said desk has the ergonomic design to keep you in a good condition and health.
These great gaming options for either sitting or standing are all excellent in that regard.