Best Back Support Cushion
- Ideal for lower back pain
- Well designed and excellent quality
- Comes with two adjustable straps for extra stability
My personal favorite and the support I use. And it seems this product is well-loved by most users. I think it’s the ideal mix of quality, comfort and affordability. The cushion is made of a high resilience memory foam giving you an ideal balance between firmness and softness.
It is covered in a mesh fabric that allows for air circulation and ensures you won’t become too hot or sweaty. I especially love the 60 days love-it-or-return-it guarantee.
What I like:
- It corrects your posture and helps you sit properly
- Can be used for long hours at a time
- Designed to fit the contours of your back
- Made from premium quality memory foam
- Cover can be washed
- Feels comfortable and soft while still being firm
- Recommended for suffers from lumbosacral lower back pain and Spondylosis
- You can use it in your car
What I don’t like:
- There is not a lot to criticize here, but maybe this: if your chair has an open back you may struggle to fit it on the frame
Second Favorite Cushion
- Respected and trusted brand by back and pain experts.
- Made of high quality foam
- Multi use: Mainly used for the office, but can be used in cars, planes, and other settings.
- Provides excellent relief of lower back pain.
This lumbar roll has a fairly basic look but don’t be fooled! It is a tried and trusted remedy for those suffering from back pain. It provides firm support where you need it the most – and the strap means you can put it exactly where you need it.
What I like:
- The roll is designed to fit into the small of your back
- It is firm but not too hard
- Made of high quality, long-lasting foam
- There is a removable cover so you can wash it
- Can be used in cars, even on plane seats
- Ensures your back is aligned properly when you are sitting
What I don’t like:
- Some users complain that the foam loses firmness over time
- The strap is a little flimsy
Other Back Support Products
There are other portable back supports available too. These may have a different look or texture with a design that could be more suitable to your body type. Have a look at these and compare them to our top picks.
This cushion may look a bit old-school but it provides plenty of support where your back needs it the most. With an ergonomic design and a resilient foam interior, this cushion will not lose its shape fast.
The cover can also be removed for washing. Also recommended for those recovering from back injuries.
This back support has a nice look and feel, blending in with the chair while ergonomically structured to provide your back with the comfort it needs. It is stable and firm in the chair and does not move around.
Not many products will promise instant pain relief, but this one does! Judging by the number of positive reviews from users, it appears to hold true. This is a slightly costlier product but for those willing to pay to get an excellent product, this may be the right choice.
This is quite a big product that will support the whole back. The price tag is a bit steep and this may deter some users. Some people have complained that it is a little soft, so for those who prefer a more firm cushion, this will probably not do the trick.
Benefits Of Back Supports
Bad posture at the computer
Supporting your back when you are sitting at your computer is vital. Sitting incorrectly leads to bad posture, which can cause back pain and a whole range of other medical conditions like:
- Tight shoulders
- Stiff neck
- Lower back issues
The first thing you need to do when correcting your posture is to ensure that you have a good office chair. Perhaps you work in an office where chairs are supplied – or there simply is no budget to purchase one. Then getting a portable back support is the next best thing.
What are the benefits of using a back support?
To begin with, a portable back support takes the pressure off your lower back. So when you are sitting in your office or desk chair, there can be the tendency to slouch. This puts a lot of stress on the back.
The back then is actually under far greater strain than when you are standing! Many people who work sitting down for hours at a time, find themselves battling especially lower back pain – and it all has to do with how you sit. A portable back support helps the spine to be aligned better.
How should I be sitting in my office/desk chair?
You should sit up straight, with your shoulders back. Your lower back should be against the back of the chair.
Feet must be flat on the ground, with your elbows falling naturally to the sides. Your wrists should be above the keyboard.
The computer screen must been centered in front of you. Look straight at the screen, not up or down
Sometimes even the best office chair is not right for you. Or, it may just not be giving your back what it needs.